To combat the triple threat of aging, pollution & stress – for most women, part of the morning and evening routines involves a full regimen of cleaning agents, creams, moisturizers, tonics, lotions, and more. Getting and maintaining beautiful skin is not easy.
In this article, we will look at some scientific and traditional methods to achieve glowing and healthy skin.
Some women probably do not realize that the product they are putting on their skin may be ineffective at best and utterly detrimental to their aim (of a beautiful skin) at worst.
An average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily, most of which contain harmful chemical preservatives and are full of false claims.
Beauty is not only skin deep, but it is also a real reflection of how healthy your body and mind are at that point.
So how can busy women achieve that glowing skin?
1. Firstly, women have to be aware of the products that they are putting on their skin. We all know that our skin is one of the sensitive senses, yet we continue to treat it like a broken piece of cloth. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products that are all natural as much as possible.
2. Look for products that contain ingredients that have been traditionally and scientifically proven to be beneficial like Aloe Vera, Shea Butter or Coconut Oil. In this day and age, finding the ingredients of any product is as easy as doing 2-minute research on Google – don’t overlook it.
3. Use products that have Provitamin B5. This is a great ingredient to make your skin soft, smooth and glowing. Further, it is very easy for this to be absorbed by your skin and start showing the effects fast.
4. Find products with Coffee and Charcoal. Both of these new age ingredients have proven to be extremely effective not only for a glowing skin but also in combating the pollution and toxins in the environment. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
5. Parabens are to be avoided completely. These synthetic chemical preservatives are widely used in personal care products – and almost all of the beauty products shown on TV will have them in their ingredient list. Apart from simply being bad for skin, researchers are also looking at the toxicity and carcinogenic properties of Parabens. At Sacred Salts, all of our products are completely Paraben free.
6. Drink plenty of water! Water hydrates our body & flushes toxins, keeps a healthy digestive system and overall gives an energetic outlook to our skin and hair.
7. Look at meditation to limit stress. Talk to people on tips on how to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find a hobby or that personal space that allows you to alleviate stress, if only for a short period of time. Incorporate it in your daily routine.