Summer is coming & quickly! Every day brings us one step closer to opening up our wardrobe and bringing out those short skirts & crop tops! Summers also bring to the fore, one of our most embarrassing enemies – Cellulite!
At Sacred Salts, we talk to a lot of beauty and fitness consultants,
and they confirm that this is the time when many people, women, in particular, start scrutinizing their body closer than ever.
So before summer comes out in its full form, let us address the number one question of last week- how to banish cellulite.
There are in fact quite a few surprising misconceptions cellulite. Especially in this age of fake-promise solutions, a lot of women ask if this new ingredient would be the magic remedy and if they should stop eating cottage cheese or if they really have to go to a surgeon.
What exactly is cellulite and what is the best way to get rid of it?
Fat Cells – well technically extra fat cells are stored as in your body. Men and women both have connective tissue that separates fat cells into little compartments. While women have honey-combed shaped compartments, men have a crisscross pattern. The honey-combed shape compartments are the reason some women have dimply thighs or flabby looking arms.
Is getting rid of cellulite simple? Well, technically yes, but it is not easy.
Let’s clear the biggest Fat Myth first – this one has been used telesellers for the past few decades. Spot reduction of fat is not possible!
Let’s repeat that again, the only way cellulite can be reduced is by reducing overall body fat. The weirdly designed exercise equipment designed to reduce fat of a particular part of the cream, that will reduce fat from the spot you rub it – both do not work! Reducing cellulite from a localized portion is not possible – you need to aim for an overall reduction of fat.
The second biggest misconception is that starving yourself can reduce fat. Nope! The only thing which will happen is that the body will go into a survival mode, reduce your metabolism and make fat reduction even more difficult.
With that out of the way, let us look at 5 highly useful and simple fixes that can help you fight the cellulite war.
1) Don’t eat a few huge meals. Due to our lifestyle, we are often skipping one meal and making it up in another. This leads to fat accumulation – instead aim for a small meal every 2-3 hours. Try to have one protein and one carb in every meal. Aim for natural foods (like fruits/veggies) in every meal & stray away from fried items.
2) Drink plenty of water. How much water to drink in a day? This often depends on your lifestyle and body type but at least 2 liters per day is what is recommended.
3) Rest properly. And have enough sleep. Working endlessly will eventually burn out both your body and your metabolism. If you work out, have the proper interval between two sessions. Don’t overtrain or over exert any body part. Also pay attention to what your body is telling you – lethargy, headaches, dizziness are often signs that something is wrong.
4) Change your workout and don’t stagnate. We addressed working out above – but you must also understand that HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) has proven to be the best form of fat buster. Consider alternating between intensities – such as doing a low intensity/long session, high intensity/short session and a few medium intensity/medium length sessions per week.
5) You need to let your skin breathe by removing dead skin. Massages work great for this. Sacred Salts has also a line of bath brushes that take exactly this route and aid in removing dead cells that thereby work towards faster fat reduction.
Also, look at our other products of pure and natural beauty enhancement! Happy Summers!